The Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation
The Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation (NFF) was created by the Fitzsimons' family after the tragic loss of their daughter Nicole.
Nicole was one of the many Australian's who travel to the popular holiday destination Koh Samui in Thailand each year, when the unexpected happened, a motorbike accident which ended in the tragic loss of Nicole's life.
Nicole's sister Kate Fitzsimons has lead the foundation in pursuit of raising awareness of travel safety overseas among young Australian tourists via high school presentations, to highlight the dangers of riding motorbikes on foreign roads and the importance of purchasing travel insurance.
This tragic loss is a timely reminder that the unexpected does happen.
Travel safe with these simple tips
- Visit the DFAT website for current travel warnings and the dangers to avoid
- Registering your trip with Smartraveller... every trip!
- Never compromise your safety - don't take risks overseas that you would not take at home
- Always purchase travel insurance
- Leave details of your holiday itinerary, passport, insurance, credit cards etc with family or friends