SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE.
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE IN FULL TO UNDERSTAND HOW AFTA CAN BEST SERVE YOU AT THIS DIFFICULT TIME DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS.
Due to the unprecedented level of enquiries caused by the global pandemic and Australian government travel ban, most travel agencies are currently experiencing exceptionally large volumes of calls and emails in relation to cancelled travel plans.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time please.
If you have a grievance with an ATAS travel agency, AFTA recommends that you take the following actions in the first instance:
- In writing, make a formal complaint to the business;
- Read the terms and conditions of the agent and the end supplier;
- Consider writing a request to a supplier for special consideration due to hardship or extenuating circumstances; or
- Seek advice from your State body and/or lodge a complaint; NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS.
Due to limited resources, AFTA is currently only accepting complaints for investigation that allege a serious breach of the ATAS Code of Conduct.
In most circumstances, the following will not be eligible
- You have received a credit, but want a refund;
- You are experiencing a delay in receiving your refund;
- You are experiencing communication issues with the business; or
- Your complaint is against the end supplier, not the agent.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint in relation to for assessment as to eligibility of a serious breach
, please ensure you have the following available.
- Consent for AFTA to share your personal information with the agent;
- A bullet point concise summary of your complaint;
- The response received to your complaint lodged with the agent;
- Your booking itinerary and documents;
- The resolution you are seeking; and
- Emails and other evidence supporting your complaint.
Complaints for serious breaches can be logged here: https://www.atas.com.au/lodge-a-complaint